Last updated: November 29, 2013
- If you visit our websites, we may collect information from you; some automatically and some that you submitted yourself
- There are a limited number of circumstances where we may share your information with third parties (for example, pursuant to a court order, if we are part of a merger, or with our business partners and service providers who support our business)
- We take the security of your information seriously and take steps to be sure your information is secure
Information we collect directly from you: In order to access and use the Service, you will need to register and provide us your registration information, which will include Personal Information about you. This may include your name, address, phone number, fax number, mobile phone number, and email address.
We may also ask that you provide us with your cloud services account information, including login, password and PIN to allow us to access your cloud services accounts in order to provide our Services to you. By providing us with your login, password and PIN to your cloud services account information, you acknowledge and agree that we may access, retrieve and store your information contained in your cloud services account and to make such information available and viewable through the Service.
Information collected through technology: When you visit the Bluenose Site, we may also collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, referring/exit pages and average time spent on the Bluenose Site.
Like many online services, we also use “cookies” to collect information. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of data files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may set and access cookies on your computer to monitor usage history and to store your preferences and login information. Most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer; however, if you choose to eliminate cookies, the functionality of the Service will be significantly impaired and it will not operate properly (to learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org).
We, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons (or clear gifs) to collect certain usage information. Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information that we collect directly from you as follows:
- To provide our Services and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications regarding the Service;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To operate, maintain, analyze and improve the Bluenose Sites and our overall business;
- To share with third-party contractors that provide services for us and who are bound by reasonable confidentiality terms;
- To enforce the Terms of Service; and
We use information we collect through technology as follows:
- To provide, enhance and improve the Service and the Bluenose Site;
- To improve our design and functionality of the Service;
- To monitor and analyze the use of the Service;
- For the technical administration of the Service;
- To increase the functionality and user-friendliness of the Service, to better tailor the Bluenose Site to your needs;
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or future visit to our Service;
- To provide custom, personalized content and information;
- To provide you, or to allow our third party partners to provide you, with offers for products and services that are relevant to your interests on our website or on other sites around the Web;
- To verify that our users meet the criteria required to access the Services; and
- To diagnose and fix technology problems.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share Personal Information with our business partners and service providers to help us provide the Service, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting, payment processing and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing to us. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
- In addition, your Personal Information and Account Data may be transferred to a third party as a result of an asset sale, acquisition, merger, divestiture, reorganization, bankruptcy, liquidation, or other change of control or if we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information that we collect through technology (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our services.
- We may share aggregated, anonymized Personal Information and/or Account Data with other users of the Service, such as for purposes of benchmarking themselves relative to the broader community of Bluenose users. In these cases, Bluenose will only disclose Account Data and the Bluenose Data derived from an analysis of Account Data in aggregate form (e.g., data aggregated from our Customers’ use of the Service, but without specifically identifying the Customer, the Customer’s customers or end users, or those of any other Customer).
ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. You can review, update, and correct the Registration information you provide us through your account. You can also remove or delink your cloud services account information through your account. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to your Personal Information you have provided to us for the purpose of correcting, amending or deleting data that is inaccurate. We will do our best to respond to your request in a timely manner and grant your request as required by law.
Remember, we do not own the data we have access to as part of providing our Services. Consumers should contact the Customer directly to request access to Account Data.
Bluenose is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. We have taken commercially reasonable security measures, consistent with best industry practices, to protect your Personal Information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place industry-accepted physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
The Bluenose Site may contain links to other websites. As such, Bluenose does not endorse and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party websites. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
The Service is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you, as a parent or guardian, become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Effective: November 29, 2013